Community Economic Development (CED) Services
As part of PELA CFDC’s delivery of the Community Futures Program, Community Economic Development services are provided with the objective to foster social and economic development and to supports projects that lead to a greater awareness of external and internal forces affecting the economic health of the region. This is accomplished through partnerships on community capacity building projects and knowledge-based initiatives.
The PELA CFDC Executive Director and other staff, where appropriate, provide services to organizations that are leading projects that promote the overall well-being of the communities.
The PELA CFDC contribution may consist of:
- Leadership/project design, project facilitation and delivery of CED activities
- Access to expertise of PELA CFDC board and staff to serve as committee/board members of organizations and projects
- Access to data and information on the regional and national economy
- Access to PELA CFDC networks of private and public sector partners
Customers of PELA CFDC’s CED services include:
- Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Business Associations
- Informal/newly formed communities of practice
- Municipalities and municipal agencies and organizations
For more information on PELA CFDC’s strategic community planning services, please contact:
Debra S. Marshall
613-476-7901 ex 201