Eastern Ontario Development Program (EODP)
The Eastern Ontario Development Program or EODP, provides non-repayable funding for projects focused on business growth and economic development.
EODP funding is delivered by CFDCs in collaboration with the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario) to promote the growth of new and existing businesses in rural communities.
You can view a presentation on PELA CFDC’s EODP outcomes, priorities and success stories from our latest EODP information session here.
EODP provides non-repayable funding of up to 50% of eligible costs for approved projects demonstrating measurable economic outcomes such as job creation, increased productivity, creation of new products and entering new markets.
Examples of eligible projects include:
- Product prototyping, recipe testing, progressive marketing initiatives
- Innovative technology - equipment, machinery, software
- Specialized training or courses
Funding is also available to support startups, expansions, or the attraction of out-of-region businesses which will have a significant impact on job creation, and for projects that improve the larger business environment of Prince Edward or Lennox & Addington Counties.
To view of copy of the slides from our latest EODP informaton session, please click here.
How it works:
- EODP will not support more than 50% of eligible project costs
- Any costs incurred prior to the date of application will not be covered
- Funding is not advanced. Approved expenses must be incurred and paid in full by the applicant and then submitted for 50% reimbursement
It is recommended that you contact the EODP Coordinator prior to submitting an application.
Upcoming EODP Application Deadlines:
- Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15th, 2018.
Applications are reviewed by staff for completeness and submitted to the committee for review. The committee is comprised of volunteer members of the PELA CFDC Board of Directors and is responsible for all funding decisions.
Please be aware that funding is limited and demand is high. Not all eligible projects will receive funding.
Click the Links Below to Download EODP Applications:
- Adoption of Technology Application Form
- Investment Attraction Application Form
- Product & Market Development Application Form
- Skills Development Application Form
- Employment Creation Application Form
- Business Support Infrastructure Application Form - please contact staff
Note: Please download and save a copy of the application form to your computer prior to filling it out. Please do not fill out the application in your web browser as you will be unable to save a copy of your work.
Also Available: Collaborative Economic Development Projects (CEDP)
Provides $100,000 in funding to approved applicants for projects that invest in innovation capital and which will lead to business growth, job creation and economic diversification in Eastern Ontario—with benefits to multiple communities.
Collaborative Economic Development Projects (CEDP) will galvanize innovation capital investment across Eastern Ontario with a high emphasis on catalyzing the private sector and industry-led consortia to invest in projects that will directly result in business growth, job creation and economic diversification. CEDP projects approved for funding will demonstrate benefits to multiple communities and promote broad-based collaborative economic development leading to a competitive and diversified economy, while contributing to the successful development of business/job opportunities and prosperous communities.
Matching non-repayable performance-based contributions will be made to CEDP recipients in the form of 50% reimbursement of eligible and approved costs ($100,000 for for-profit recipients and not normally in excess of $500,000 for not-for-profit recipients).
Find out more: www.financingandstrategy.com/cedp