PELA CFDC News and Events
October 28, 2016 – Lennox & Addington County
The Prince Edward/Lennox & Addington Community Futures Development Corporation (PELA CFDC) and Mike Bossio, Member of Parliament for Hastings-Lennox & Addington, today announced an investment of $45,349 for local businesses in Lennox & Addington County.
Funding for these four businesses has been provided, through the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario’s (FedDev Ontario) Eastern Ontario Development Program (EODP). Thanks to the support of the local Community Futures Development Corporation, these businesses are able to focus on development and growth that will enable economic prosperity for the region.
Mike’s Tire Service
This $7,300-investment enhanced the company’s service offering by supporting the purchase of a tire machine with the capability to handle medium truck tires. This project will increase productivity and revenues by reaching new service markets.
Mutch’s Auto Glass
This investment of $26,018 supported two projects: the purchase of equipment for expansion of the rustproofing and detailing facility, and the hiring and training of a full-time employee for auto-glass installation and rust control. These projects enabled Mutch’s Auto Glass to access new markets and increase customer volume through increased efficiency and the ability to accommodate larger vehicles.
Garrow’s Car Care Centre
An investment of $5,073 to support the cost of equipment and employee training allowed Garrow’s Car Care Centre to become an accredited Light Duty Test & Repair facility for provincial emissions testing. This project which led to an additional service offering will increase revenues and attract new customers.
Pro-Tech Transportation & Industrial Safety Training Services
This $6,958-investment in course materials, protective gear and equipment including oxy-acetylene cutting kits and a Dickey-John Simulator led to the addition or improvement of three safety training courses offered by Pro-Tech. In addition, to increasing revenues and targeting new markets, this project increases the number of local training options available to local employers in a number of fields.
The Eastern Ontario Development Program (EODP) advances economic development in rural eastern Ontario. Through EODP, FedDev Ontario is collaborating with Community Futures Development Corporations (CFDCs) in eastern Ontario to promote the growth of new and existing businesses in rural communities.
“Federal investments in equipment and training allow these companies to become increasingly innovative and to access new service markets. Today’s investments will act as a catalyst for productivity growth, adding new jobs and prosperity in Lennox and Addington” -Mike Bossio, MP, Hastings—Lennox and Addington, Chair, National Rural Caucus
“PELA CFDC is pleased to support the trades and service sector in Lennox & Addington County. We are proud of these local firms and their investments in training and increased productivity.” -Angela Miller, Board Chair of PELA CFDC
“EODP was instrumental in taking a small successful business of 30 years to the next level. We were able to double the size of our facility to over 5000 sq ft., triple our staff while increasing the business to over 400% in some areas. The equipment we were able to purchase is state of the art technology enabling us to be second to none in every area of our service.” -Stewart Mutch, Mutch’s Auto Glass Ltd.
“As a direct result of the grant programs PELA made available to us we have been able cultivate new clients. Many of them initially came to our facility to get an e-test and have now become regular clients. We knew we would retain some but our expectations were exceeded.” -Bob Garrow, Garrow’s Car Care Centre
“The funding we received through PELA has allowed our company to fast track the expansion of courses we can offer to our clients.” -Jeanne Collins, Pro-Tech Transportation & Industrial Safety Training Services
- Mike’s Tire Service, located in Selby, has been in operation since 2005. The company offers comprehensive tire services in Napanee and surrounding areas, specializing in passenger, commercial and agricultural services and emergency roadside service.
- Mutch’s Auto Glass Ltd., is an auto glass replacement facility that has been in operation in Napanee since1986. They also offer accessories and vehicle detailing and are a Krown Rust Protection facility.
- Garrow’s Car Care Centre is a full service automotive repair shop and auto sales facility located in Napanee.
- Pro-Tech Transportation & Industrial Safety Training Services, located in Napanee, provides courses and training services to municipalities, road authorities, small business, farming operations and the general public.
- The PELA CFDC is funded by FedDev Ontario through the Community Futures Program. CFDCs deliver a wide variety of programs and services to support community economic development and small business growth. They employ local staff and are governed by a volunteer board of directors, made up of local residents representing the community.
- The Eastern Ontario Development Program is a $48-million economic development initiative focused on addressing economic challenges in Eastern Ontario and taking advantage of innovative opportunities in the region.
Prince Edward/Lennox & Addington Community Futures Development Corporation
Tel: 613-476-7901 x 201