Communications Specialist (4-month Contract)
We are seeking a results-oriented and versatile self-starter to join a small team dedicated to achieving positive social impacts in our communities.
The Communications Specialist will be expected to develop a talent for: telling compelling stories across multiple channels that include social media and digital platforms; and staging successful public events that require liaising with the media and stakeholders. The tasks and responsibilities unique to this role include the following:
- Social media updates and analysis – In addition to shaping the organizations voice and maintaining social media accounts, the successful applicant will be in charge of weekly social media reports on post engagement, reach, and shifting demographics.
- Website updates – The successful applicant will learn to navigate and update a variety of websites using off-the-shelf software and tools.
- Event Planning – The Communications Specialist will organize virtual events for local businesses, entrepreneurs, associations, and other stakeholders.
- Stakeholder Relations – The Communications Specialist will be expected to sit in on meetings, take notes, and participate in conversations with important stakeholders. While this will not be a primary responsibility, it is an important skill that the successful applicant will get to develop.
- Graphic Design – The successful applicant may be asked to assist in creating suitable graphics for project launches, program promotions, events, and other opportunities.
• A track record of producing high-quality content across platforms
• Proficient in web publishing and online layout and design
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• A commitment to building sustainable communities
• A communications and marketing degree or equivalent experience
This position will be funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Program, which is designed to create quality summer work experiences for youth, and requires participants to be students or between 15-30 years of age, and be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection act.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and advances diversity.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a CV by Thursday June 4 to: email@example.com
Applications will b e assessed on a rolling basis and early applications are encouraged. Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted.